Annie The Musical rehearsals will begin on May 3, 2020 until October 16, 2020.
Specific rehearsal times will be determined by casts’ availability.
The show will run on October 17 and 18, 2020 at SM Seaside City Cebu Centerstage.
Saturdays | March 7, 14, 21, 28
- 12:00 NN – 01:00 PM – Registration
- 01:00 PM – 06:00 PM – Singing, Monologue, Cold Readings, and Dance Auditions
- 4:00 PM – Cut off time
Sundays | March 8, 15, 22, 29
- 01:00 PM – 02:00 PM – Registration
- 02:00 PM – 07:00 PM – Singing, Monologue, Cold Readings, and Dance Auditions
- 5:00 PM – Cut off time
Guang Ming Institute of Performing Arts – Cebu Siddharta Theater
- Registration will begin 1 hour prior to the start of auditions. Please be prepared to stay until dance auditions.
- Everyone is required to be at the dance auditions which will only be held at the posted times on each day.
- No guests or family members will be admitted into the auditions.
- SINGING AUDITIONS. Everyone should come prepared with a traditional Broadway-style song or a song from the show of no more than 16-32 bars that showcases your vocal range. Bring your own sheet music that is marked with the measures to be performed. An accompanist will be provided.
- DANCE AUDITIONS. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes appropriate for dancing and movement. No bare feet. The Dance Director will teach some dance steps and assess how fast an auditionee can pick up and accurately follow instructions.
- ACTING AUDITIONS. We will supply cuttings from the script for those roles with dialogue. A short monologue (90 seconds maximum) is also required. See Casts below for more information.
- SCHEDULING CONFLICTS. Please come to the auditions knowing of any conflicts from May 3, 2020 to October 16, 2020.
- Callbacks are scheduled on April 4, 5, 11, and 12, 2020.
- You will be informed via email IF you will be asked to attend callbacks. If NOT, you may still be considered for the show. Casting will be finalized over the next few weeks and once decisions will be made, the cast listing will be posted on our Facebook page, Instagram page, and website.
- Please bring a headshot and resume.
- If you will miss more than an accumulation of 10 rehearsals, that may impact casting.
Based on Little Orphan Annie, the popular comic strip by Harold Gray, Annie has become a worldwide sensation. Winner of seven Tony Awards, including Best Musical, the beloved show features a wonderful score written by Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin, including the Broadway smash hit, “Tomorrow”.
With a perfect combination of street-smarts and optimism, Annie warms the hearts of the audience as we witness her rise from next-to-nothing in New York City. She is determined to find her parents, who left her at the orphanage years ago. Though things don’t quite work out the way she has planned, she does manage to thwart the plans of the evil Miss Hannigan and find a new family with billionaire Oliver Warbucks, his secretary Grace Farrell, and her lovable pooch, Sandy.
Annie is based on the popular comic strip by Harold Gray, “Little Orphan Annie”, which ran in the New York Daily News beginning in the 1920s and, by the 30s and 40s, was one of the most widely read comic strips around. Lyricist Martin Charnin was given a book of “Little Orphan Annie” comic strips as a Christmas gift in 1971, and was inspired to create a musical comedy based on the main character.